Monday, February 9, 2009

Web Site and Newsletter


As promised in a previous post, I want to share a wonderful web site and the corresponding newsletter. For years now I have been receiving in my email inbox a very informative newsletter called The Dollar Stretcher. I'm at the point where I'm pretty savvy at how to save money in my own household but this little newsletter keeps me on my toes. For instance, I try to buy as many natural and/or organic food and personal care products as possible. One item I buy is organic maple syrup - well, no more. The latest issue of The Dollar Stretcher exposes this scam. I had a "duh" moment as I read it in my inbox this morning - as a farmer, I should have known better. Maple syrup comes from maple trees, decades-old maple trees. They don't come from crops that are planted annually and doused with assorted pesticides and herbicides. And the process to make the syrup does not involve any chemical additives. Maple syrup is maple syrup (please don't confuse this with the Mrs. Buttersworth's chemically-rich food product). For anyone interested, the web site is www.stretcher.com. I recommend you browse the archives and then subscribe to the weekly newsletter.

No comments: