Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Fool Me Once...

...you can't get fooled again." I'm afraid W was wrong with this one, at least if you're an American citizen. With the ink barely dry on the TARP money and only half of it distributed, American's are now being told of the lack of oversight, foolish spending, yada, yada, yada. However, we're also being asked (or at least our representatives are) to once again turn over billions, even trillions, of dollars of hard-earned taxpayer money to help save the country from catastrophe. Last year, Chicken Little warned us that it was essential to approve the TARP bill or the sky would fall...yet not much has happened, except more of the same. But this time it's different; there will be more oversight, no pork. We're being told that if the country goes further into debt, we will all be saved. Isn't that what got us into this mess in the first place? Now, I just don't see it; the picture in my mind just doesn't make sense. I'm not very sophisticated when it comes to economics, but I don't have to be a medical examiner to know when I smell a rotting corpse. And I'm smelling one.

No comments: