Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day Two

Well, my news fast continues. I do find myself automatically reaching for the TV remote sometimes and I realize it's just out of habit - I'm not really dying to know what is happening in the world of politics. I'm going to try to use this free time to start focusing on my French studies. I had another lesson yesterday and was given some homework to do. I like the path the lessons seem to be taking - my teacher is a stay-at-home mother so she is giving me practical expressions to learn as well as helping refresh my memory on the basics. It's quite different than the academic French I studied in school. She is giving me tools to describe the world in which I'm living and a foundation upon which I can engage in conversation.

I've been thinking about an earlier post where I ranted about the fact that I believe we as Christians put too much emphasis on Bible study. I hope no one took it to mean that I think Bible study is entirely unnecessary; nor do I want anyone to think I'm adopting a holier-than-thou attitude. Far from it - I too am struggling to walk the walk. My husband recently shared a quote with me that I think perfectly sums up what I was trying to say. It's a quote from Rick Warren's book The Purpose Driven Life: "The last thing many believers need today is to go to another Bible study. They already know far more than they are putting into practice. What they need are serving experiences in which they can exercise their spiritual muscles." I think he put it much better than I ever could.

1 comment:

Pet Shoppers Palace said...

I have a web site dedicated to pets. "www.PetLoversPalace.com"
I have Discount Pet Supplies for dogs,cats, Reptiles, Birds, Fish and other small pets delivered fast.
I invite Everybody to review my website at your convenience and send back your opinion. (Do you like or dislike it?)And of course if you see something you like you can purshase it.
Thank you,

Jeffrey New, (Site Owner)

Jeffrey@PetLoversPalace.com, (E-mail)
http://www.petloverspalace.com (website)