Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Waiting

This morning I took in hubby's truck for a major service at the dealership. I went prepared with my magic bag of tricks - my giant tote bag equipped with things to keep me occupied while I wait. I've learned that I need 5 things to keep myself amused: my calendar; my journal; a good book; my ipod (my latest toy!); and a thermos of iced tea. Many times I've gone to get a vehicle serviced, or been in a situation where I knew I had a wait ahead of me, and watched the people in the waiting area sit and twiddle their thumbs, obviously bored to tears. Usually there's a TV in the room but there's nothing worth watching. I don't know if these people don't think and plan accordingly, or if they just don't know how to entertain themselves. Once a man watched me in amazement as I pulled out paperwork to take care of, poured a class of tea, then later pull out a book to read. He should his head and said he needed his own bag. The latest tool in my bag is my ipod. It is so versatile: you can watch movies, listen to music, and listen to podcasts (free from iTunes). There are also other functions that I have yet to explore. Whenever I'm in a situation where I have to wait, I look on it as time to get organized or catch up on entertainment. I feel like Felix the Cat - my magic bag seems bottomless.

No comments: