Tuesday, January 20, 2009

There's a Goat in My House


It snowed here in the wee hours of the morning so I hurried out to the barn to check on the animals as soon as I woke. All was well except for my little guy, mentioned in yesterday's post. He seemed to be having difficulty standing and his mother was ignoring him. I made an executive decision and brought him into the house to feed him myself. I'm giving him warmed cow's milk with a small needleless syringe. As soon as the roads are clear of snow, I need to run to the farm supply store for appropriate goat/sheep nipples and then to the grocery store for some newborn diapers. Pugsley, that's the goat's name, seems to be enjoying his stay in the house, sleeping in a blanket-lined basket. However, my housecat Dixie isn't so sure this is a good situation. She'll get over it.

No comments: