Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Challenge Continues


Just in case anyone is curious, this is a photo of the little goat - Pugsley - who is causing so much havoc around the house. Cute, isn't he?


This morning I made a quick trip to the grocery store to pick up a few items. I had planned on waiting until tomorrow but it looks like bad weather is heading this way so we might have ice tomorrow. Pugsley depends on cow's milk right now so I didn't want to run out and not be able to drive to the store, plus he was getting low on diapers. I haven't been keeping track of how much money I'm spending but I've become more aware of necessities versus wants. I picked up a few more staples - flour and cooking oil - and some dairy products, but I scratched off some things on my list that I didn't really need. I've also learned to not even look at the merchandise, i.e. magazines, at the checkout stands. It's a weakness of mine. Those cover stories look so good that I automatically pick them up and toss them in my cart, only to get home and be disappointed by the articles. I'm starting to keep a running list of "wants," something I did long ago with bigger ticket items. Many times I would find that I really didn't want the item after it had been on the list for a while or I found a better product. I think the same thing will happen with many of my smaller items.

No comments: