Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Frugal Living


Today I’m going to continue with my pledge to make do with what I have. Last night I pulled some tomatoes, squash, and eggplant from the freezer – all grown on our farm, I might add. I’ll use those items to make some ratatouille to serve over rice or pasta, both of which I already have on hand. Tomorrow I’ll use a chicken from our freezer to make dinner for hubby. It’s one of the roosters we had to cull from our flock so I’ll simmer it all day in my crock pot. A great resource I've discovered for using what you have is Allrecipes (http://allrecipes.com/). At the very top of the home page, click on the word *ingredients* and you’ll be taken to a chart that you can fill in with items you have on hand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cherie,

Congrats on the kids. Looks like you'll have a busy winter caring for the new arrivals on White Flint. We admire your commitment to frugal & sustainable living. Looking forward to more updates! Duc

Cherie said...

Duc - thank's for the comments. We do try to live reasonably and sustainably - but we do stray at times!