Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Sad Day

We lost one of our little goats this morning. Bill went out to do his morning farm chores and found one of the little ones down in a stall. We don't know what happened as all the outside babies seemed to be doing fine.

Meanwhile, I still have the one goat in the house. He seems to be gaining some strength and I'm really rooting for him. It's hard not to get attached to baby goats - they're so adorable and sweet, like puppies. This little guy likes to follow me around the house. I just left him lying by the stove.

I'm committed to cooking out of my pantry and came up with a recipe for spinach quiche. I'm making it for myself (the vegetarian) and making chicken and rice for Bill (the carnivore). We'll both have some green peas. I put my bread machine to work, baking some nice crusty bread. Should be a good meal.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Aw, I'm sorry. We lost 7 of our 8 chickens last night. No idea what happened, either.

Cherie said...

Deanna - it's hard when you lose any of your farm animals. I know I get very attached to mine. We also lost several of our chickens last month and never found out why.