Saturday, March 10, 2012

Overwhelmed

Computer Music Video
Source
I love the internet and how it puts so much information at my fingertips.  As a child, my dream life would have been to live in the library - and now the library actually is in my home!  However, as of late, I've felt overwhelmed by all the information.  There is so much I try to keep up with - email, facebook, blogs, google reader, pinterest, news sites, forums, etc. - and I find myself falling behind.  But I feel that if I do not keep up with the "latest," I end up an ill informed person.

Today I finally got around to looking at my google reader for the first time in about a week and I had over 600 unread blog posts!  Our internet provider is not helping as sometimes we loose our connection multiple times in an hour, so even when I do sit down to comb through information, it takes far longer than it should!   How on earth can I ever catch up?  I've got to make some serious decisions about keeping up with what is important to me and discarding the superfluous.  Not easy in this information age.  

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

"But I feel that if I do not keep up with the 'latest,' I end up an ill informed person."

You need to be OK with not being as informed, especially if feeling the need to be so informed stresses you out. Let some of those blogs go...UNSUBSCRIBE (but not to mine because I would miss you).

Om

Cherie said...

Shona, you are so right. I need to take the time to establish my priorities and let the rest go. Of course, I'll continue reading your blog!:)