Friday, January 6, 2012

Sustainable Living 3

Of course, since I've decided to make the switch from liquid shampoo in plastic bottles to bar shampoo, it only follows that I do the same with hair conditioner.  Bar conditioners are more difficult to find than bar shampoos.  I used Lush's bar conditioner for a while but decided to make a switch to support an indie company.  A search on Etsy revealed several choices.  I made a selection and placed an order with BallyHoo Bath  and here's what I received:
Clockwise from upper left:  solid lotion bar (that's for another post); solid hair conditioner bar; and a soap sample
I received my products with minimal impact packaging.  There was a plastic bag, that might have actually been cellophane, but the conditioner bar comes in a cardboard box.  (More later on the solid lotion bar.)   I was pleased with the size of the bar and, as I had just run out of hair conditioner and didn't have a replacement bottle (part of my "use it up" challenge), I put the bar to work.  So far, I'm pleased with the results.  If you're interested in trying bar shampoo and conditioner, Ballyhoo Bath offer samples of each for $3.00.

After using up the last bottle of hair conditioner, I can now boast that my shower is plastic free!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I hadn't seen conditioner bars. I'll have to look into this. Thanks!