Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Room of Her Own

Today I'm busy getting ready for an exciting change at my house - I'm finally going to get my own room!  For several years I've read, worked, studied, crafted, and exercised in the family rooms of our homes, right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of every day life.  When the kids were little, that was good as I needed to be available for them.  When the kids got older, I tried to carve out a space for myself.  For a while I attempted to work in our basement; however, I never liked it down there as it's not a finished basement and I found it dark, dreary, and uninspiring.   But since my children are 18 and 20, and don't technically live at home any more, I realized how silly it was for them to have an entire "living room" to themselves when they still have their own bedrooms.  So, next month, I'm going to officially take possession of the room over the garage.  It's a fully furnished sunny, spacious room that I've always loved but never used.  I can finally have all my things together and can actually leave out projects that I'm working on.  Maybe I'll get back into my yoga practice, too...

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Good for you! I hope you'll share some pictures.

Cherie said...

Thanks for the reminder - I'll try to do that.