- Don't treat the meal like an all-you-can-eat buffet.
- Don't go to the main meal super hungry; make sure you eat your other meals.
- Watch your portions.
- Don't go back for seconds.
- Drink water; often we mistake dehydration for hunger.
- Limit the high fat items.
- Slow down and savor your food.
- Get active. Participate in a "turkey trot" run or go for a walk or a hike.
- On Black Friday, start a new tradition. Take another walk or go hiking in a state or national park instead of going shopping.