- Attended Carolina Farm Stewardship Association's Sustainable Agriculture Conference.
- The farm was awarded Virginia Century Farm recognition..
- It's kidding season here on the farm. Nellie had her babies - triplets! And only the second brown one born on the farm. Penney also had a cute little brown boy. Obviously, our new buck introduced some new genes into the herd. So far we have 10 baby goats - more to come.
|Nellie and her new kids|
- Attended a vendors' training session at one of our farmers' markets.
- Found a 6 pound chicken-of-the-woods mushroom. We're having it on pizza tonight.
- Baked a loaf of crusty artisan bread this morning.
- Continued to try new recipes and created a new dish.
- Sewed 7 aprons and cut out 4 more in preparation for next week's craft show.
Have a great week!