- In addition to setting up for the craft show, I had to make a number of items to take with me so that occupied much of my time over the last two weeks.
- Our homesteading group met at our house (the same day as the craft show!). Had a great discussion on winterizing your house and farm. We had delicious food, too.
- We filled a large number of farm orders on Saturday. Bill had to organize them and bring them to the market. I usually head up this part of our farm operation but since I had to be at the market at 8 a.m., I wasn't able to do it.
- I placed and received our monthly feed order (we only buy GMO-free feed for our farm animals). We get our feed from a Mennonite farm that is about 2 1/2 hours away so we're glad they can deliver to us.
- I harvested some herbs (cilantro, dill, thyme, and oregano) before the really cold weather kills them off for the winter.
- I dried the dill, thyme, and oregano in the dehydrator. I'm getting less dependent on store-bought herbs.
- I made pesto from the cilantro and will have it in individual servings in the freezer.
- This is the time of year that I start growing various types of sprouts so that we can still have a fresh salad with dinner. I started some mung bean sprouts, adzuki bean sprouts, and a delicious salad mix that includes dill, clover, and other seeds.
- I have some potions steeping in the kitchen and will need to strain them next week (fire cider for the cold and flu season and some oil infusions that will be made into healing salves).
- I thought my vacuum cleaner bit the dust but after doing some research (thank you www.fixya.com), I tried a simple technique that saved me from having to buy a new one.
Don't forget what today is - it's Buy Nothing Day! Stay out of the stores (and don't do any internet shopping, either)! Weather permitting, get outside and enjoy nature.
|Dixie liked to perch on the back of sofas and chairs|
|She had to put up with things like goats in her house sometimes|
|She could create drama with Ginny|
|Dixie was a great friend to me and I'm glad she was in my life|