Friday, May 2, 2014

Farm Friday

Whew!  A crazy week.  And despite my best intentions, I neglected my blog.  Here's a few highlights from the week:



We had a successful open house on Saturday, with about 40 people attending.  It was a beautiful day.  We couldn't have asked for better weather, especially since the day was sandwiched between two bouts of bad weather.  

Visitors learned about our shiiitake mushrooms
A discussion on raised bed gardening was part of the program
Hay ride!

Squeaky waiting for his fans

We had to wean Squeaky this week since he's now 3 months old.  Kind of breaks your heart when you hear him calling - screaming, actually - and expecting his bottle.  

Tomorrow is opening day at the farmers' market so we've been busy all day, picking and washing produce, cutting herbs, baking granola, and doing all sorts of things to get ready.  

On a side note, I attending a meeting held by local organization for nonprofit professionals.  Now that I've resigned from my position with Danita's Children, I'm looking for something closer to home and was told that getting involved with this organization would help me make good connections.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: