Friday, January 11, 2013

Farm Friday


It was a busy day today so I'm posting late.  A few highlights of the week:
  • Launched my etsy store where I'll be selling my aprons and other crafty things I come up with.
  • My new food processor arrived thanks to an unexpected gift of an Amazon gift card.
  • Stocked up on some staples at Weaver Street Market, a food cooperative in Hillsborough, NC.
  • Lola Jane (you remember her) returned to Charleston.  She's a coastal girl and missed the sea.  I expect she'll be back to visit Georgia again this summer.
  • I took down our Christmas decorations.  I decided to be more traditional this year and leave them up for the entire 12 days of Christmas, taking them down the day after Epiphany.
  • I've discovered yet another way to continue down the path of sustainability.  I now hang many of my clothes to dry on a clothes rod in the laundry room and/or a folding rack in the bathroom.  It saves about three dryer-loads a week.  It's actually very convenient as I put the items that will go into my closet on hangers so they're ready to go when dry.
  • Got back to yoga today after a very long break....Namaste!
  • I finally baked a nice loaf of white bread without using my bread machine (I'm pretty proud of it, hence the photos).  I've never been able to bake anything but a rock (not including quick breads or my most recent discovery of a crusty bread that I blogged about a couple of weeks ago).  I purchased some whole wheat bread flour at Weaver Street Market so I can make healthier loaves in the future.  This YouTube video was my inspiration  (I had to convert the British measurements to American):
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I have a loaf of bread on my shelf that looks remarkably similar. With his year-end bonus my boyfriend bought a refurbished Kitchen Aid Pro mixer and his first use was making 2 loaves of bread. We have become addicted to America's Test Kitchen and he;s working on a 10 grain loaf and next weekend we are going to try cheese souffle. Oy!

Cherie said...

Shona, I want to work up to bread with more substance but for now I'm happy when it rises. :)