It was a busy day today so I'm posting late. A few highlights of the week:
- Launched my etsy store where I'll be selling my aprons and other crafty things I come up with.
- My new food processor arrived thanks to an unexpected gift of an Amazon gift card.
- Stocked up on some staples at Weaver Street Market, a food cooperative in Hillsborough, NC.
- Lola Jane (you remember her) returned to Charleston. She's a coastal girl and missed the sea. I expect she'll be back to visit Georgia again this summer.
- I took down our Christmas decorations. I decided to be more traditional this year and leave them up for the entire 12 days of Christmas, taking them down the day after Epiphany.
- I've discovered yet another way to continue down the path of sustainability. I now hang many of my clothes to dry on a clothes rod in the laundry room and/or a folding rack in the bathroom. It saves about three dryer-loads a week. It's actually very convenient as I put the items that will go into my closet on hangers so they're ready to go when dry.
- Got back to yoga today after a very long break....Namaste!
- I finally baked a nice loaf of white bread without using my bread machine (I'm pretty proud of it, hence the photos). I've never been able to bake anything but a rock (not including quick breads or my most recent discovery of a crusty bread that I blogged about a couple of weeks ago). I purchased some whole wheat bread flour at Weaver Street Market so I can make healthier loaves in the future. This YouTube video was my inspiration (I had to convert the British measurements to American):
Have a great weekend!