Monday, January 7, 2013

Still Learning

Graduation 2
Source
Yesterday was my first internet "sabbath" and it worked out well.  I was able to review an entire book on farmers' markets and take extensive notes.  Bill and I are having a farm leadership "retreat" this weekend where we discuss all things pertaining to this year's farming business.  I put together an agenda of things to discuss, ideas to toss around, etc.  There were a couple of times I was tempted to consult the Google but didn't and really didn't miss out on anything.  It's actually nice to escape the black hole of cyberspace sometimes.

My blogger friend EcoGrrl blogged a while back about alternative educational opportunities - go here to read a very thoughtful post - and as a result I've decided to enroll in a course called Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention through Coursera.  The class begins January 28 and is offered for free through the University of California San Francisco.  Students even get a certificate of completion when it's over.  I'm hoping to get some great info to pass on to our farm's customers.  There were several courses I was really interested in but didn't want to overload myself.  There are a couple more courses where the start date hasn't been announced so I went ahead and put myself on the roll for those classes.  I can always unenroll if they start at an inconvenient time.

No comments: