- Never arrive hungry at a party or event or you will be tempted to overeat.
- Focus on something other than food, like good conversation or dancing.
- Put your fork down between bites to slow consumption and prevent overeating.
- Keep track of the number of hors d'oeuvres you eat.
- At buffets, choose the simplest foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Limit the number of alcoholic beverages.
- Be very selective about the dessert you eat - try a little of what you really love.
- Bring a low calorie treat to a potluck meal so you won't be tempted by other desserts.
- Be careful about sampling while you cook as each mouthful contains calories.
- Make a habit to walk before or after meals; you can make it a family event.
You can avoid packing on pounds without feeling deprived if you follow these simple strategies. It's all about moderation.