|My space at the Sova Agicultural Experience|
Seems like I've been on the move all week. Here's this week's update:
- Worked at an event that promoted local agriculture and agritourism (Bill worked the farmers' market without me that day). I was approached by one of the local "Big Ag" guys who decided to harass me and essentially mocked what we do. Why? Because he knows we're on the winning side.
- We had guests at the farm stay and gave them a tour of the farm on Sunday. Enjoyed spending time with them as they are opting out of the corporate life to homestead on a one acre lot.
- Sold at the mid-week farmers' market - next week is the last one until the spring. As one of the market managers, I need to work on promotion ideas over the winter so that we can grow the market.
- Submitted an application for the local holiday bazaar. Time to start sewing!
- Our granddaughter spent a couple of days with us. We were excited to have her as we hadn't seen her all summer (she's a busy girl).
- Heard Peter Kageyama, author of Love Where You Live: Creating Emotionally Engaging Places, speak.
- Did a lot of thrifting: 2 dresses, 1 pair of shoes, 1 blouse, 1 clutch, 1 necklace. Got it all for about $55. This was because I have a wedding to attend and need something a little warmer since the weather has turned chilly. I let the ladies at one thrift store dress me from head to toe.
- Also picked up some household items at a thrift store: 4 Tupperwear containers that match the set I've had for years and a pitcher for the farm stay. All for about $8.
- Delivered produce to the new farm-to-table restaurant that is having its grand opening tonight.
- Ran my usual errands a couple of days early since I had to be in town anyway and could avoid driving an extra day.
- Got the pork back from the processor and inventoried it.
- Experimented with the "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" recipe. Forgot a step so it didn't come out quite right. I like the concept so will try again.
Now it's time to work on the weekly newsletter and get ready for market tomorrow!
Have a great week!