- Learned to make pita bread
- Dried and then powdered some of our extra garlic
- Modified one of my apron patterns. I made one and have three more in the works.
- Worked on two personal writing projects
- Learned to caramelize onions in a slow cooker
- Tried several new recipes, including marinara sauce using frozen tomatoes
- Worked on a new grant writing project for our local food bank
- Found out it doesn't hurt to see if a broken appliance is covered by the warranty
I'm glad I made the commitment to deprive myself of my favorite pastime, although I'll be glad to get back into the books. I realized that having a stretch of time that I usually fill with reading really forces me to step outside of my routine and try some new things.
Have a great week!