Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Amusement

Some of you may remember that I'm rereading The Artist's Way as part of my morning reading. It's a 12 week program to help claim or reclaim your artistic self. I'm taking my time reading through it; not necessarily doing it in 12 weeks. However, I'm at the point where my assignment is to have one week of reading deprivation. Yes, you read that right - reading deprivation. As someone who started on her reading journey at the age of 3 - I can't even remember NOT knowing  how to read - that's a tough one for me. But, as the author Julia Cameron points out, words can act as tranquilizers to people. We're so busy reading, learning, researching, discovering, that we have a hard time doing. It's like the Pinterest trap. We all pin things to our boards on Pinterest but we rarely take the time to try to create the meals, do the craft project, or try the home remedy.

So this week, as part of my reading deprivation, I can't go surfing the internet, looking for interesting things for my readers. If I haven't already discovered it, it won't be on my blog this week.

For today's amusement, I decided to show some goat pictures. These may or may not be amusing to other people, but I find my goats to be an endless source of amusement. Now that we have 20 kids on the farm, it's non-stop entertainment. Here are some of the goats from our front pasture:

Bianca, with her sister Jade, checking to see if I have a treat

Madonna with her latest kid

Kids hanging out with one of the moms

Despite the demonic look in her eyes, Donna is a good mother.
Her kid was too weak to nurse so we had to help her out,

2 comments:

David said...

Cherie, there's nothing more satisfying on a homestead than the season of new life. From watching newly born goat YouTube videos, goats seem to be the most entertaining of all the newly born animals. I just can't help but smile every time I run across a goat video. I expect the experience would be ever so much enjoyable in a real life setting.

Have a great reading deprivation day.

Cherie said...

David, the goats are quite entertaining but I like the YouTube videos as well. :)