Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Taste of Tuesday

I made an easy classic soup on Saturday:  Egg Drop Soup.  I used farm-fresh eggs and green onions that I grow in my windowsill by putting bulbs from store-bought green onions in a container of water.  I get about three cuttings from a bunch.  My only regret was that I didn't have homemade vegetable stock but instead had to use Better than Bouillon.  Next time I make it, everything will be from the farm except for the seasoning and oil.

Egg Drop Soup

4 cups vegetable broth
2 eggs, lightly beaten
sliced green onions (about 2)
salt and pepper to taste
dash of toasted sesame oil (optional)

Bring the vegetable broth to a boil, then add the salt, pepper and oil.  While the broth is still boiling, slowly add the eggs in a steady stream, stirring in a clockwise motion for about a minute as the eggs cook.

Bon appetit!.

No comments: