Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Taste of Tuesday

One of my latest "experiments" is growing pea sprouts/shoots.  I chewed one to see how it tasted and it seemed a bit tough.  So I did a little research and learned I could just harvest the tops and that will encourage new growth.  Here's my growing tray after I took a little off the top:
While doing my research I found a comment in a discussion board from someone who shared a family recipe (source).  I gave it a try and it was fantastic!  Here's the recipe for you to enjoy:

Korean Pea Shoot Salad
Pea shoots
1 T garlic, chopped
2 T soy sauce
1 T sugar
1 t sesame oil (I used toasted sesame oil)
1/2 t red pepper flakes (I used less)
1 T sesame seeds

Blanch the pea shoots for 1 minute, then rinse in cold water and squeeze out the excess water. Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the pea shoots.  Refrigerate and serve cold.

Bon appetit!

No comments: