Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Taste of Tuesday

Taste of Tuesday is going to be a temporary feature on my blog, a time to share recipes I've made and liked.  One of my favorite recipes I adapted from one I found on SparkPeople's recipe site and is great because it's quick, easy, healthy, inexpensive, and can be made from pantry items.  

Black Bean Soup

2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup salsa
2 teaspoons taco seasoning (optional)
cilantro (optional)

Heat the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.  Transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender to puree to desired consistency.  Garnish with cilantro.

You can use other seasonings, such as cumin, or add onion or garlic or even a dollop of low-fat Greek yogurt.  Different flavors of salsa would also be fun to experiment with.

Bon appetit!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Sounds great! And reminds me that I really need (want?) an immersion blender.