Monday, February 4, 2013

Practical Yet Frivolous


Nomad Women's Puddles Rain Boot
A few weeks ago I thought the rain would never stop.  It rained for four straight days and on the fifth day the rain turned to snow.  It was on the second day of rain that I realized my trusty orchid pink gardening clogs were not suited to that kind of weather - that is, after I stepped in a cold puddle of water that soaked my socks.  Since at the time it was just rain, my snow boots would have been a bit of overkill.  So after much research, I decided on this pair of leopard print "wellies."  There were so many to choose from - from solid colors to conservative plaids to psychedelic peace signs.  But these babies were on sale in my size and, as part of my move to start channeling Lisa Douglas, I decided to go for the glam.  I think I'm the only organic farmer in Virginia who wears leopard print rain boots while bottle feeding goats.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Love them! I once had a pair of black ones with turquoise polka dots. I was so sad when they wore out. My next pair of "chicken boots" was bright pink. This year I splurged on a more expensive pair from a neat little shop in New Orleans. They are black with gold fleur de lis on them. I bought them a little large so I can easily slip them on, even over heavy socks, and keep them by the door so they are handy when I take Shiloh for walks.

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Sometimes you just have to do something that makes you laugh.

Go Lisa, go!

shoreacres said...

I have a British friend whose Wellies are pink paisley - so cute. I'm not much a fan of leopard print myself, but those boots are pretty cool. They made me laugh!