Saturday, June 26, 2010

Farm Happenings

It's that time of year when we have food in abundance.  In April we had asparagus, in May our green peas came in (what they call English peas around here).  Now, it seems everything is coming in - garlic, cucumbers, green beans, blackberries, yellow squash.  This morning I picked about two pounds of wild blackberries from the patch on the other side of our driveway in front of our house and this afternoon hubby and I picked another four pounds on the other side of our pond.  Hubby picked the green beans (what they call "snaps" here) this morning.  I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year.  While I appreciate all the fresh, good food, it means a lot of work.  We not only have to pick it, but I also try to freeze enough to get us through the year.  And that all is hard work.  One blessing?  It doesn't all come in at once.  We still have tomatoes, eggplants, pumpkins, watermelons, and black beans yet to come.  


I've realized I'm someone who lives in the moment and later realizes I haven't taken any photos.  I'm going to try to change that so I can post photos of the farm.  Hubby takes some great photos but I don't want to keep stealing borrowing from him.

No comments: