Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wellness Wednesday

This is the time of year where I start thinking about goals and improvements. Although New Year's Day is the traditional time to begin, I tend to try to get a jump start on it. Since I'm already thinking about it, I might as well do it. So as of yesterday, I'm on a "30 Days of Me" program where I'm working on detoxing various areas of my life. As healthy as my life is compared to a typical American, I know there's room for improvement.

I found this HIIT program (stands for high-intensity interval training) that is supposed to take only 12 minutes. Plus doing it just 3 times a week is supposed to be sufficient to show results. It has been a while since I belonged to a gym or even did group yoga so I do need to get back to regular physical fitness. During warmer months (when it doesn't get dark until late), I usually walk every evening but now with it being dark by 5:30 or so, I haven't been able to do that lately. I've just started hitting the mat with my old standby - Namaste Yoga - which offers about 12 different yoga practices lasting just over 20 minutes each. I think doing the yoga practice along with the HIIT will be just about right for getting and keeping me in shape over the winter.

Yoga Mats
Source
If you're interested in getting ahead of the game this time around, I welcome you to join me - virtually, of course - in getting fit this month. Also, for other tips for getting and staying in shape, MindBodyGreen also has a list of 7 Lifehacks to Keep You Lean and Toned. Don't wait until 2016 to start adopting healthy habits.

No comments: