|A quiet day at the pond|
Some highlights from the farm this week:
- Recovered from open house
- No deliveries this week
- Worked on our farmstay - did some painting and repair work; made signs to comply with Virginia Green; worked on Virginia Green application; crafted rules for reservations and for guests; took care of some miscellaneous purchases to make sure guests are comfortable
- Worked on market setup - repaired PVC sign frame; set up sign, table, etc. at market; purchased small freezer and set it up at the market;
- Attended final training session for market vendors - learned about exciting things like labeling, sales tax, and insurance (also learned that all the encouragement in the world for small farmers and farmers' markets doesn't help with all the red tape and hoops you have to jump through, at least in our state)
- Ran lots of errands today to get ready for the farmers' market tomorrow.
Have a great week!