Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Liebster Award Nominee

Aimee over at EcoGrrl was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster award. I suppose I haven't really won it as that entails nominating 11 other blogs to pay forward the award. Since I've been really bad about reading blogs lately, I don't have 11 to nominate - although I continue to be inspired by a number of blogs. Aimee is an especially big inspiration as she is so upbeat about the state of things and shares lots of good info. 
liebster-award


Here are the 11 questions Aimee asked nominees to answer: 

What is your favorite childhood memory of the holidays? This might sound strange coming from me, but I so looked forward to the Sear's Catalog "Wish Book" arriving in the mail. It had so many things a little girl could want - lots of pink, glittery stuff.

Who makes you laugh more than anyone else (personally or a celeb, either is fine!)?
Eddie Izzard is one of my favorite comedians. I never fail to laugh at his old monologues. especially the one in French that involves a monkey driving a bus.

What food do you hate that most folks like? Coffee. Wish I liked it - it would make my life easier sometimes - but I just cannot stand the taste.

If you had a new animal in your household tomorrow, what would it be and what’s its name? I'd pick my girl Dixie all over again. Best. Kitten. Ever.

What celebrity annoys you the most? Since I don't have cable/satellite and I don't read magazines, I'm not sure who the celebrities are anymore. However, having seen some comments on Facebook, I'd say any homophobic, misogynistic, self-absorbed celebrity; they know who they are. Actually, my husband pointed out that the Duck Dynasty family (and their followers) has set me off a few times and fits this definition - but I'm not sure if they're even around anymore.

What is one thing you really want to learn to do? Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to speak French. Despite having studied it in high school and taken private lessons as an adult, I'm a long way from where I want to be. And I'll never get there since I stopped the lessons quite a while ago.

What’s your favorite article of clothing? My black yoga pants. Since I work at home - and actually practice yoga when I'm not being lazy - these are my go-to pants. 

What is your favorite song to get up and dance to (even if you’re not a dancer)? It depends on what's been playing in shuffle mode on my ipod. Lately, I've been inspired to dance (in private, of course) to vintage Barry White - You're the First, the Last, My Everything. Don't judge. I came into adulthood during the disco era, then fell in love with Barry White all over again during Ally McBeal's reign.

What are you most proud of in your life? Besides my kids? Not sure if I can say I'm "proud" of it, but my decision - if it actually was a decision - to embrace Quakerism is one of the most important choices I've made. 

If you could pursue any other career besides what you do now, where money is no object, what would it be? For years I've said I'd like to be a professional organizer with a twist. I'd like to move beyond the containerizing mentality that makes people think it's okay to accumulate more stuff as long as they have appropriately labeled plastic containers to stash it all in. I'd counsel on keeping what is used and loved, ditching the rest, and then move on to making decisions that are good for health and the environment.

What makes you awesome? (No being humble allowed!) My ability to be open to new ideas.

Thanks for the questions, Aimee!

No comments: