Thursday, September 4, 2014

Scratching My Head

Source
Last week I spotted a product advertised on a fast food restaurant marquee that really had me scratching my head. Hardee's (aka Carl's Jr. in the West) was advertising their fried bologna and Velveeta biscuit. Maybe because it's "made from scratch." However, neither bologna or Velveeta are food - they're food-like products so health conscious people should avoid them like the plague. But I suppose it's supposed to help that it's on a "made from scratch" biscuit. (That's marketing for you - just make sure you use the right words and bingo, it sounds like it's good for you.)

Before you try, make sure you know what you're getting (data from here and here because I can't get it to pull up on their website):

Calories - 540 (from Fat - 300)
Fat - 33g (Saturated Fat - 11g)
Sodium - 1440 mg
Cholesterol - 245 mg
Carbs - 41g
Sugar - 4g
Protein - 19g

And we wonder why we have a health crisis in the US.

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I was not aware that Velveeta melted, but the I know nothing about this product.