Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wellness Wednesday

 I found 5 reasons to live like the Greeks on MindBodyGreen.  In order to live a healthful life we should mimic the ancient Greeks and:

1. Eat a Mediterranean diet.
2. Cook with wholesome ingredients
3. Adopt healthy and happy thoughts
4. Exercise in moderation
5. Eat with peace and calm

Time reports that not only does adopting a Mediterranean diet provide immediate benefits, the advantages follow us into our senior years, resulting in a longer, healthier life.

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Have you read Blue Zones? Very interesting. I have also been lent "Grain Brain." Oh there is far too much to keep up with, but it's all very interesting.

Total random side note- I supplement my shopping at Kroger, but they royally pissed me off the other week. I went through this month's shopping list and will seek out alternate, more local alternatives. I think the 100-yr-old, still in business hardware store on the town square sells Fels Napthia.

Cherie said...

Shona, sooo true - so much to read, so little time. :)

We have very few grocery shopping choices here - Food Lion and WalMart dominate. Fortunately, we grow a lot of our produce. When I do need groceries, I tend to go to Aldi or wait until I'm out of town and go to a health food store where I stock up on organic bulk items.