Thursday, January 20, 2011

Updates

I've just returned from an out of town 2-day grant writing workshop.  I'm excited about all I learned and the resources provided as I plan to use them to help a variety of charitable organizations that I'm involved with.


Today is the 11th day of my 21-day vegan challenge.  So far, it has gone smoothly and I don't feel as if I'm making a sacrifice.  The main thing I had to give up was cheese.  I eat eggs as well but since our chickens have not been producing many eggs this winter, I had pretty much already eliminated them from my diet.  I've been able to maintain pure veganism except for a couple of occasions.  Yesterday I ate a veggie delite sandwich at Subway.  I didn't feel like mustard and didn't want the onion dressing since I was in the middle of my workshop and was interacting with a lot of people.  So instead, I chose the ranch dressing.  Today I had lunch at Panera Bread and realized my mediterranian vegetable sandwich had cheese in it.  Otherwise I've been completely vegan.  While out of town, I stayed with a friend and she so kindly prepared vegan food for our dinner, even though I told her it was not necessary.  What a sweet friend!


My "use it up" plan is moving along well, too.  I went to the grocery store today and stocked up on fresh vegetables and almond milk.  I did slip up a bit when I was at Target earlier today and purchased a couple of bags of "healthy junk food."  I think this little slip up was due to having just returned from out of town and not really thinking about my plans.  


The updates will continue...

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

The Mediterranean sandwich at Panera is my favorite AND it tastes good even without cheese. Most of the time I'll just ask for an item w/o dairy and no one has ever batted an eyelash.

Congratulations on doing so well with your personal challenges.

Cherie said...

Shona, I've done well on all except the 30 Day Shred. Cold weather and traveling have conspired to make me lack motivation. Gotta work on that.