|Some of my artisan bread cooling on a rack|
A recap of some of this week's events:
- We had a family wedding this past weekend so had lots of family and friends staying with us.
- We continue to add international flair to our farm and had our first visitor from Columbia. She even showed me how to make scambled eggs Columbian style!
- Held our final mid-week farmers' market.
- Attended a social media workshop
- Started experimenting with the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day
- Began work on aprons for the upcoming holiday markets
- Delivered produce to our new farm-to-table restaurant
- Did a little bit of hurricane prep by cooking dishes to have on hand in case we lose power
- Had a change in plans for our area's CROP Hunger Walk (I'm on the planning team) due to the weather. We've changed the venue so I had to get the word out to the media and on social media.
- Ran my usual weekly errands
- Learned to identify yet another wild and edible mushroom - puffballs
- And a surprise: Our farm will be featured in a calendar put out by a local non-profit. They do this calendar each year and this year's theme is local food! Can't wait to see it!
Have great week!