|Walking with Ginny after a thunderstorm|
- Attended a farmers' market vendor training session; was encouraged by the number of farmers in the area who are interested in "organic" farming
- Got to use my new clothesline - fewer loads in the dryer!
- Heard Ellen Gustafson speak - very inspirational to me both as a farmer and as someone who was involved in the nonprofit sector; she believes local food can feed the world and that nonprofits need to solve the problem they're focused on and then have an exit strategy
- Continued my work on a couple of writing projects
- Started preparations for our open house
- Took more steps to move us closer to opening our farm stay
- Prepped for a craft show
- Found a few shiitake mushrooms on our logs
- Asparagus is starting to come in and I made an asparagus/wild onion pizza with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses
- Coordinated feed orders with two other farms so now we can get our GMO-free feed delivered directly to our farm every month. Saves time and money for all of us.
Have a great week!