Friday, May 27, 2011

Making a Difference

I read a lot of blogs on a variety of topics.  I find myself going through phases with the types of blogs I read.  Lately, I've been most interested in reading Quaker blogs and blogs that support my four basic Quaker testimonies:  simplicity, nonviolence, equality, and integrity.  For me, part of living with integrity is being aware of the consequences of my actions and trying to make a difference in the world.


One blog I've added to my regular reading is Be More With Less:  Life on Purpose.  Recently, Courtney, the author of this blog, talked about her Starbucks addiction and how, over the course of a month, she discovered that she had spent a whopping $225 there!  She felt that this spending was not matching her desire to live "life on purpose" and so, the next month, chose to spend that exact amount in a way that would line up with her values and would make a difference in the lives of others.  I recommend you go here to read about what she did with her money.  And maybe it will inspire the rest of us to do something similar.

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I took the weekend off from the computer.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have been cleaning out my blog reader lately, finding that my tastes have changed over the years. Actually there are only 2 blogs I've read continuously since I discovered blogs 5 years ago.

Anyway, I hope you had a good weekend!