Monday, October 18, 2010

Pencil Cups

Pen Cup 2


We all have one, right?  Are you also like me, where you reach for a pen or pencil only to find that the pen has dried up or the pencil's eraser is nonexistent?  What do you do with these pens and pencils?  Odds are, you put them back in the cup and then fish around for one that functions.  Soon, you have a cup full of pens and pencils you can't use.   It's really such a little thing, but sometimes a big frustration.  So, today I've decided to edit.  I'm going to go through every one of my pens and pencils and discard all that are defective or that I just don't like to use.  And I'll fill my cup only with writing instruments that work, and work well.  End of frustration.

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Um, do I admit that this is a favorite task of mine? My pencil cup is actually a clay pot, so there is lots to go through periodically. When I started my job in the office I'm currently in I cleaned out the entire reception area (the office opened in 1970) + had to go through boxes + drawers of pens. Ooh I'm getting giddy just thinking about it.

Actually on the entire subject of editing, if my mom had said something before I got back home I would have planned on staying longer, but I've been helping with her process. 2 car loads of stuff to The Salvation Army so far.

So are you originally from Southern Cal? Oh, and my dad informed me that Vin Scully is staying on another year, but not announcing all games.

Cherie said...

Shona, I love to hear about people editing stuff out of their lives. If I could, I'd be a professional organizer.

Yep, originally from the LA area. But I've been gone so long I became a Floridian - then I moved to Virginia. So, even though I'm a native Californian, I'm now really a stranger to the area. Didn't even realize Vin Scully was still around. :)