Monday, November 9, 2009

Back Again

This past month or so I've been neglecting both my blog and the blogs that I like to read.  Most of the month I spent promoting a contemporary Christian concert at our church.  It was my first experience as a concert promoter and, as times, the details overwhelmed me:  meals for the band members, hotel rooms, mailing flyers, taking care of special requests, etc.  In the end, it was worth it.  Every attendee we've spoken to has had nothing but positive things to say; many commented on the quality of the bands and the reasonable ticket price.  It was a very satisfying outcome.

In the meantime, I had a lot going on in my personal life.  We had many visits from family and friends.  Both of my college-age children blasted through a couple of times, friends in tow.  One of my uncles was terminally ill and I ended up spending time at the hospital, attending his funeral, and visiting with my aunt, cousin, sister, and a number of family members I had not seen in years.  It was a sad time but there was also a lot of joy as I spent time with a some wonderful people.

I'm now ready to rejoin the blogging world - both as a writer and reader.  This week I want to catch up on on the great blogs that I regularly enjoy and then dive in to adding posts to my own blog.

2 comments:

mamasong said...

I look forward to following your posts again here, especially now that I've been able to spend tangible time with you and Bill. You are such a special lady and I am so glad our lives have been brought together by God's good hand!

Peace

Cherie said...

Mamasong - we really enjoyed having you here and spending some quality time together. Hope you're enjoying a quiet Veterans Day together.