Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Widow's Mite

Ever since I returned from Haiti, I've been sharing my story with everyone who will listen.  The plight of the Haitians has gotten under my skin and I feel it my mission to spread their story.  Recently, a woman who has heard the story and seen the slide shows approached me about helping the children at Danita's Children.  She doesn't have internet access so was unable to donate online.  I told her to give me her check and I'd mail it to the orphanage for her.  Seems she's on a very low, fixed income and has been wanting to help the children at the orphanage as their story really touched her heart.  She recently received an extra bit of money and wanted to use it to help the orphans in Haiti.  This beautiful woman, who has so little, wanted to share it with those who had even less.  Yesterday, as I tucked the check into an envelope, it dawned on me:  this woman is giving the widow's mite.

1 comment:

mamasong said...

That is beautiful, what a reflection of the love of Christ!