Saturday, September 12, 2009

Guilty

Last month I spent trying to avoid plastic shopping bags when making purchases.  I'm continuing to say no to plastic bags but I've been guilty of something worse.  I buy iced tea at Starbucks.  And I don't bring my own cup.  I've tried to justify it by telling myself that I reuse the cups several times before I finally discard them.  But those plastic cup are forever - they don't go *away* and reusing them doesn't change this fact.  Since we live so far from town I'm usually away from home for long periods of time and a girl just gets thirsty!  I'm an iced tea maniac and try to bring a cup with me (usually in the above-mentioned reused Starbucks cup) but I always seem to run out.  Now that my little dirty secret is public, I'm going to have to change my ways.  For the rest of this month, I'm going to pack a cooler with iced tea AND keep an extra reusable cup in my car for those times that I absolutely, positively have to buy more tea. 

2 comments:

Erin aka Conscious Shopper said...

Iced tea maniac, huh? You must be a Southern girl. :)

Cherie said...

Yep - I'll drink iced tea in a blizzard!