Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm a Wimp

I've been doing yoga regularly for two years now and I sometimes do pilates. While these seem to be great workouts, I realized I needed to add some cardio to the mix, especially since my gym membership expired. Since I'm not well coordinated - in fact I'm a klutz - most cardio DVDs involve a lot of fancy steps that are supposed to keep the exercizer interested but mainly leaves me confused. A salesman/personal trainer at our local chain sporting goods store recommended The Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout, so I decided to give it a try. Well, I did the first level, without weights, knowing that I would be pretty winded at the end of the session. Well, that turned out to be the case, but I also found that by the day, I couldn't WALK without something hurting! How is this possible? I do a variety of yoga workouts so that I don't always use the same muscles but I guess that isn't enough. I'm really impressed with the DVD - although I'm afraid of levels 2 and 3. Yesterday I did yoga instead but today I braved Cardio Max. I'm hoping the soreness is an indication of effectiveness; I'll keep you posted.

No comments: