Thursday, August 11, 2011

Taking a Sabbath Day


 Hand on keyboard

I love the internet and how it allows me to keep in touch with people and events around the world.  My problem with the internet is that I often end up going down a rabbit hole, searching for some bit of information, finding another, following that to yet another link.  And then hours have passed by and I really haven't accomplished anything.  So, beginning a couple of weeks ago, I decided to take an internet sabbath on Sundays.  That means no email, no facebook, no blogging (except for posts I've already scheduled), no internet period.  I think it's good for me to take break.  It frees up a lot of my time and keeps me from being a slave to technology.  To paraphrase Martha Stewart, a little radio silence is a good thing.

(Photo source:  http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1260787)

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I find I'm doing this more and more.

Cherie said...

Shona, I do find the day is frittered away more when I have the computer on. During times when it's off or I have little or no internet access, I seem to achieve so much more.