Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wellness Wednesday

Seems that one of the tricks parents use to get their children to consume healthy meals also helps adults.  A recent study found that people who "ate an entrée made up of 25 percent puréed vegetables - think carrots and squash mixed into carrot bread, or squash and cauliflower blended into mac and cheese - cut a whopping 360 calories a day.  That's because the added veggies made food less calorie-dense per serving."*  In addition to helping to cut calories, this technique will also give you the additional benefit of the added vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutrients from the vegetables.


*Source:  Health, June 2011.

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I am putting veggie items into my morning shake that I would not normally eat, but when you pair beets with mangoes, well... I'll eat my beets.