Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Goal in Sight

My postings have been slim lately as I've been busy working on my research paper for graduate school.  Except for this paper, I've submitted all my assignments.  Going back to school has been a bit different for me this time around.  I've had to learn an entire new citation system which has been an interesting experience.  Several times there has been a conflict between what the APA manual says (the most recent edition) and what my professor considers correct.  A frustrating experience at times for someone who cares about grades.  Also, with modern technology, students now have to submit papers to a program called "Turnitin," which checks papers for plagiarism.  This morning I had a moment of panic when I submitted my paper for checking and it came back "8% originality." What I thought meant only 8% of my paper was considered my work actually means 8% is identical to what is in the database.  So, actually a good outcome since I have a number of direct quotations in the paper.  I'm putting the finishing touches on the paper which is due on Friday.  I'm really looking forward to my spring break and hope to be doing more writing on my blog during my brief time off from school.

No comments: